- First and foremost, ensure that your child is physically and emotionally ready for this big step.
- Start early. It is often easier to potty train children at a younger age because the have logged less time in diapers.
- Around the time your child is ready to begin training, have them dress in loose fitting clothing that can easily be put on or taken off.
- Practice naked (diaper-free) time. The more time a child spends out of diapers, the more likely s/he is to recognize the urge to eliminate and seek out a potty.
- Try using TOTS Potty Training Pants to avoid any accidents and make the transition from diapers to underwear fell more natural. For cleanup, try TOTS Chlorine Free Flushable Wipes
- Help your child learn by example from older siblings or a parent of the same gender.
- Use a floor potty. Children fell more secure on a floor potty, and are more likely to be successful. Plus, it's portable and can be accessible to encourage independence.
- Make toilet training a fun experience! For boys, place O-shaped cereal in the toilet and have him aim for them. Another fun way to encourage toilet training is to color the toilet water blue and have your little one watch it turn green when mixed with urine.
- Encourage pride of mastery. The feeling your child gets when they learn something new is the best motivation for continued success. Say "You did it" instead of "I'm so proud of you". When your child says "I did it!" You're on your way! vAlways use positive and encouraging words to describe anything associated with toilets, bowel functions and the toilet training process.
- Be consistent. Children learn better when the message they get about the potty is consistent. Each person helping your child to use the potty should be doing the same thing.
- Teach girls to always wipe from front to back.
- Above all, be patient! With plenty of time, encouragement and positive feedback, your little one will soon be ready to say goodbye to diapers forever!
Potty Training Girls Ages 2 and 3
Potty Training Girls Age 2 Years
Potty Training Girls Age 3 Years
7 steps techniques To Potty Training Girls